MV Virgo Liveaboard Maldives
MV Virgo is part of the "Constellation Fleet" - a guarantee for professional cruise management and safe diving. She cater to people who want to enjoy luxury on a budget, offers pretty much everything you need for a perfect getaway. She is a luxury yacht, better known as safari boat in the Maldives - approximately 105 feet long and 30 feet wide. 8 luxury en-suite guest rooms, all fitted with DVD player and a mini bar. Adding to the comfort of the vessel is a restaurant that serves both western and asian cuisine complimented with a fully equipped bar. It also has a jacuzzi for you to kick back and relax. WiFi is available (20US$ per week), Nitrox is included in the package price.
Dream Catcher II is the ultimate dream safari that will ensure you travel in comfort and ease to your many destinations throughout this marvelous country. The boat offers six cabins and one Megasuite, normal capacity is 14 guests, maximum capacity is 17 guests-when in triple accommodation.
Construction Year: 2008
Length: 102 feet
Width: 31 feet
Cruising Speed: 13 knots
Nautical Equipment: CB and VHF radio set, GPS, Mobile, Fish Finders, Depth Finders, Radar
Water Supply: 2 desalination plants
Power: 230 volts / 60 Hz, 2 generators (40kW each)
Language spoken on Board: English
Features: Recliners, Onboard bar
Emergency Equipment: FirstAid equipment, medical oxygen, fire extinguisher, life vests
Additional Information: Charging station is provided on the main deck, 220volts / 24h
Adapters are available
power sockets in all rooms
Library and Internet access in the saloon
TV, DVD, Wii Box, HiFi in the saloon
Fully equipped bar on the bridge (with full sea view)
International Direct Dial Phone/Fax/Email
Sun recliners, mattresses, decks are partly roofed
Open air & closed restaurant
Shower on the diving platform
The ship offers seven luxury suites. All suites have TV, DVD and music systems, all suites have an electronic combination safe, air-conditioning, exterior windows, en-suite hot water shower and WC European style. Bed sheets are changed regularly and cabins are cleaned daily. Towels are provided.
Number of Suites: 7
Exterior Windows: Yes
Hot Water Shower: Yes
Towel Service: Yes
1x Mega Suite (1 double bed + 1 single bed)
2x Panoramic Suite (each with 1 double bed)
4x Luxury Suite (2 cabins each with 1 double bed + 1 single bed, 2 cabins each with twin beds)
Bathroom: Private bathroom with shower cubicle and hot & cold water
Audio/Video: TV, DV and music system
Individually controlled air condition
International Direct Dial Phone available
Electronic combination safe
It is our goal to show you the most beautiful dive sites of the Maldives. To do that, we need to take seasonal conditions, available time and weather forecasts into account. Please trust our experienced crew to choose the best possible route and to maximize the liveaboard's advantage of mobility in every situation. Fixed routes would mean to ignore the insider knowledge offered by our crews. At the beginning of every safari a rough route will be announced, followed by daily, more detailed briefings about the next day's route. Before every dive you will be thoroughly briefed and shown a map of the dive spot.
Guided Divers: Yes
PADI Instructor: Yes
PADI Courses: Yes
Dives per Day: 2-3
Enos System: No
Dive Dhoni: Yes
Equipment Rental: Yes
Important Information for our guests:
- Please bring your log book and diving certification card
- Medical check is recommended but not obligatory
- The first dive is a check dive at same time - obligatory for all divers.
- Dives are guided by Instructor and dive guide
- Experienced divers can dive on their own - after check dive
- Padi courses available (please announce in advance)
- Equipment and compressor stay on the Dhoni throughout the safari. That means there is no carrying heavy equipment and no compressor noise on the mother ship. First aid box and oxygen are onboard.
- Dives are performed according Maldivian law and Padi standards - no decompression dives, buddy system, maximum depth is 100 Feet for AOWD or equivalent, for OWD or equivalent certified divers 59 Feet maximum (according Maldivian diving regulation).
- last dive 24h before flight back
- use of diving computer/person is obligatory
- English is board language
- 17 dives are offered during a 7 night safari and 35 dives are offered during a 14 night safari
Required diving certification/skills
You need at least a Padi Open Water Diver or an equivalent certificate to join one of our diving cruises. This basic certificate allows you to dive to a maximum of 59 Feet.
In order to be well-prepared for the challenging diving conditions in the Maldives and to be able to dive below 59 Feet (where many of the highlights are) we recommend doing the Padi Advanced Open Water or an equivalent certificate before or during your cruise.
Divers who have not dived in a while can do a Padi Scuba Review course to refresh their diving skills.
During the check dive, the dive guide will evaluate the skill levels of all divers. The diving conditions in the Maldives are challenging and if the dive guide or a guest feel that it is necessary, guided dives for individuals can be arranged for USD 10 per dive. Guided dives provide an opportunity to get used to diving in strong currents, entering and exiting the water from a dive tender (Dhoni) and doing fast descents under the supervision of an experienced dive master. We recommend guided dives to all divers with little open sea, current and liveaboard diving experience. In most cases, diver(s) only need a couple of guided dives at the beginning before diving with the group for the rest of their stay.
all dives are done from an extra diving boat (58 Feet). Equipment and compressor stay on the Dhoni throughout the safari. That means there is no carrying heavy equipment and no compressor noise on the mother ship. First aid box and oxygen are onboard.
Extra diving boat, 12lt Aluminium cylinders with DIN/INT valves, security buoy lead.
Equipment Rental Prices (subject to change without further notice, payable on board only):
- BCD & regulator: $20/day
- ABC kit (mask, fins and snorkel): $12/day
- Diving computer: $10/day
- Underwater torch: $8/dive
- Complete gear set (ABC kit, Computer, BCD & Regulator, Wetsuit): $300/week
Please pre-order in case you need any rental equipment.
Comfort and service make this liveaboard attractive. The beautiful dive sites of the Maldives, the experienced crew, the air-conditioned, spacious suites and fabulous catering combine to make your diving holiday on Dream Catcher II a memorable experience.
- TV / DVD / HiFi in Salon: Yes
- Fishing Gear: Yes
- Island Visits: Yes
- Beach Barbeque: Yes
- Male Visit: Yes
Included in price:
- South/North Male' Atoll, Vaavu Atoll or South/North Ari Atoll
- Accomodation in twin or double suite
- Meals, snacks, Tea & coffee, bottled drinking water and wine at meal times only
- 2-3 dives per day and one night dive per week
- Services of a PADI qualified and highly experienced English speaking dive instructor
- Pick-up & Drop-off at Male' International Airport to connect with international flights
- BBQ meals and snorkel trips to selected reefs (subject to weather/sea conditions)
- On the last day of the safari the boat will sail back to Male' and a sightseeing excursion will take place from 4:00pm to 6:00pm on the Capital Island.
- Airport meeting and handling services
Not included in price:
- Air fares
- Airport departure taxes
- Dive/Snorkel equipment rental
- Beverages, except those mentioned above during meal times
- Personal Laundry
- Dive & Travel Insurance
- Transfer supplements for arrivals/departures on days other than scheduled boat arrival/departure
Minimum number of passengers to operate Dream Catcher II is 12 people.
View the embedded image gallery online at: